PERSONAL CARE SERVICES
Choosing the right home health care provider is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. That's why it's important to choose one that treats your loved one as a family member, not as a "case" or "client."
At Integra Home Health Care, we go to great lengths to match our Personal Care Assistants to your loved one. After all, this is a close relationship that requires outstanding communication and a high level of trust.
Personal care services are provided by a Personal Care Assistant (PCA), a Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN) or a Home Health Aid (HHA).
Our non-medical Personal Care services include:
- Grooming and dressing
- Linen changes
- Toileting and incontinence assistance
- Laundry and light housekeeping
- Planning and preparing meals
- Diet plan maintenance
- Shopping assistance
- Feeding assistance
- Medication reminders
- Range of Motion
- Assistance with walking and transfers
- Local errands
- Redirection and reorientation
- Companionship and supervision
Skilled nursing care differs from custodial or companion care because it provides specific medical attention to you or your loved one. The goal of our skilled nursing services is to allow the patient to remain home despite an injury, illness or chronic condition that may otherwise require hospitalization or regular visits to a medical office. Through their consistent observations and evaluations, Integra's highly-trained Skilled Nurses can help prevent hospitalization, readmission, or inconvenient trips to a physician's office.
For added peace of mind, our skilled nursing team is available 24/7/365 to care for you or your loved one. When there is an urgent need, all it takes is one phone call to reach a live member of our team.
But the chief benefit of Integra's skilled nursing services is the ability of the patient to remain at home in familiar surroundings and maintain a quality of life that is higher than that found in an institutional setting. Our highly-trained and educated skilled nurses strive to provide independence, comfort and safety with a high level of concern and compassion.
The skilled nursing services offered include:
- Wound care – Helps promote fast, safe healing
- Administration of intravenous (IV) solutions – Ensures the correct dosage
- PT/INR check – Helps maintain effectiveness of anticoagulants
- Injections – Safe, gentle administration of needed medications
- Urinary catheter care – For proper, safe handling of this important device
- Diabetic teaching and other professional nursing services
- Health education - For the patient and family
Companionship services are non-medical services of the type that is usually performed by close friend or family member. Companionship services are usually provided by Integra’s non-medical staff and include:
- Social interaction
- Assistance with running local errands, shopping, picking up prescriptions, etc.
- Driving your loved one to appointments, meetings, houses of worship, friends, etc. (Integra does not provide vehicle)
- Meal preparation assistance
- Playing card or board games
- Reading to loved one
INTEGRA HOME HEALTH CARE IMPROVES OUTCOMES
Integra Home Health Care visits provide an essential layer of medical care for homebound patients, resulting in significant reductions in ER visits hospital readmissions. This is more important than ever due to Section 3025 of the Affordable Care Act which requires CMS to reduce payments to IPPS hospitals with excess readmissions.
Plus, home health visits result in improved overall health.
Partners in optimal outcomes
Integra's comprehensive, collaborative care includes proper documentation as well as an assessment of the patient's home and social contexts. Our staff can provide care at critical transitions and certification for face-to-face compliance for:
- Certified Home Health Agencies
- Community agencies
- Managed care organizations
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Licensed Home Care Service Agencies
Disease management specialists
The Disease Management Program at Integra Home Healthcare integrates the clinical and social aspects of in-home care to help ensure that prescribed treatments are being followed.
The Disease Management Program at Integra Home Healthcare includes, but is not limited to:
- Congestive Heart Failure and Heart Disease
- Meal preparation assistance
- Diabetic foot care
- Dementia and Alzheimer's management
Integra's health care team is comprised of a wide variety of experienced skilled nurses and support staff who have experience in managing homebound patients and providing the highest quality of life.
For more information on how Integra Home Health Care can be an asset to your case management, call us today at: (952) 985-0672.
Integra Home Health Care knows that many of our clients have pets that are often considered a member of the family. Pets have shown to have therapeutic value, too. The National Institute of Health reports that, "… companion animals, in addition to their well-known role as helpers to the handicapped, may alleviate depression, solace the lonely, facilitate psycho-therapy, socialize criminals, lower blood pressure, increase survivorship from myocardial infarction and ease the social pain of aging in our society."
Sometimes, however, the homebound client is unable to properly care for a dog or cat in the home.
Because we know how important a pet may be, Integra Home Health Care also provides pet care services for dogs and cats.
For details on this important service, please contact our office at (952) 985-0672.